Request: Enable downloading clients using the user's token

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
huddo121
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Request: Enable downloading clients using the user's token

Post by huddo121 »

Hey there,

I'm currently trying to set up a docker container the is able to use the Mapshot mod, but it requires the use of the full Factorio client in order to generate images. I've had a look online, searched the forum, and through the wiki, and there doesn't seem to be a nice solution to download the full client in an automated fashion.

I would strongly prefer not having people provide their passwords in order to use the container, it would be great if the token associated with a persons account could be used in place of their password.

Regards, M

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Request: Enable downloading clients using the user's token

Post by vinzenz »

huddo121 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:59 am
I would strongly prefer not having people provide their passwords in order to use the container, it would be great if the token associated with a persons account could be used in place of their password.
It's not documented and might change without notice, but this works at the moment:

Code: Select all

https://factorio.com/get-download/1.1.74/alpha/linux64?username=<username>&token=<token>
bringing the oops to devops

huddo121
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Request: Enable downloading clients using the user's token

Post by huddo121 »

Ah! Amazing! Thank you!

Return to “Technical Help”