[1.1.72]on Linux, held item preview disappears on keyboard input, reappears on mouse input

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
marienz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.72]on Linux, held item preview disappears on keyboard input, reappears on mouse input

Post by marienz »

This is a little hard to explain (I've attached a video that might help).

I'm only seeing this on Linux (Fedora 37, Sway 1.7, wlroots 0.15.1). Factorio in Windows on the same system works correctly.

If I select a building from the inventory, the held item preview (showing where the building will be placed and which way it will face) appears when I move the mouse, but disappears every time I press a key on the keyboard (releasing a key is ok). When I don't see the preview, the mouse cursor is replaced by the building icon and the information panel below the map (sorry, don't know what this is called) disappears. When I do see the preview, the mouse cursor is the normal arrow and the panel reappears.

This seems like a bug because it makes placing buildings annoying, particularly rotating them: I have to wiggle the mouse after pressing `R` to confirm I rotated it correctly.
Attachments
factorio.mp4
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 32 times

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.72]on Linux, held item preview disappears on keyboard input, reappears on mouse input

Post by jodokus31 »

At first, I don't have this problem playing on Linux. But I'm playing an XFCE with regular XServer.

Sway and wlroots are working on Wayland. I also tried factorio on Gnome with Wayland and didn't have this issue.
But, maybe something with sway or or wlroots is fishy...

Do you have a chance to try a different DE or compositor?

Also, the log file might help, i'd guess.

Return to “Technical Help”