[1.1.72] Error: Map loading failed: Invalid bool loaded from input file.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Unkwn_43
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.72] Error: Map loading failed: Invalid bool loaded from input file.

Post by Unkwn_43 »

After asking on the Factorio subreddit, I was directed to make a post here to see if my situation is salvageable.

I have found a previous instance of this exact issue on the forums: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=102529
I was playing the game normally, autosaves every 15 minutes caused no issues, performed a final save before exiting via the pause menu, and then exiting the main menu by pressing "exit".

The next time I start the game (several days later), there are no issues on startup, but my manual save and all three autosaves display the same message: "Invalid bool loaded from input file. File could be corrupted". As mentioned above, I was advised to ask on the forums if the save file could possibly be partially recovered.

I have a lot of mods enabled, to which I have made manual adjustments in the code. As I don't remember all of the mods I made changes to, I uploaded the entire mod folder:
mod folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
save in question: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oO4iYk ... sp=sharing
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Attempting to open the manual save, along with all three autosaves
(240.61 KiB) Downloaded 38 times

Unkwn_43
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

level.dat file corruption [1.1.70]

Post by Unkwn_43 »

A couple of months ago I made a post about a corrupted save.
I recently took a look at it again and was able to narrow the corruption down to a single file: level.dat192. There is no obvious data loss, like part of the file being null, so I wanted to ask if there are any methods to verify where exactly some invalid value is located. Or perhaps some way to get the game to ignore the missing file (which I assume will delete some part of the map, something I can live with)?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.72] Error: Map loading failed: Invalid bool loaded from input file.

Post by Rseding91 »

I looked into your save and the corruption is not isolated to just the 1 bool that is failing; that's just the first part that it catches while loading. The issue seems to be a stack inserter which has a corrupt energy source saved in the save file. It thinks it was using a burner energy source when it was actually an electric one. Forcing it to load as electric still fails because the data in the save after that point is seemingly scrambled.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Technical Help”