1.1.69 Super Blurry

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
duckydee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

1.1.69 Super Blurry

Post by duckydee »

The game launches and is super blurry on 1.1.69. This includes both the game and the steam overlay itself, making text very hard to read. It seemed to work fine on my old PC, but on my new pc (can provide specs if needed), it appears really blurry. It may have to do with me not reinstalling the game and just loading it from an external hard drive, but I doubt it. Any suggestions?

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 1.1.69 Super Blurry

Post by Stringweasel »

It would help if you attach a log file, and an image of how it looks blurry :)
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

duckydee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by duckydee »

Alright, log file and 3 screenshots are attached. The text *should* be a giveaway.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
blurryOverlay.png
blurryOverlay.png (2.53 MiB) Viewed 871 times
blurryMenu.png
blurryMenu.png (5 MiB) Viewed 871 times
blurryLoading.png
blurryLoading.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 871 times

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Idk if non-macs have this setting, but see if the graphics setting "Render in native screen resolution" graphics setting makes any difference.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I would also download the nonsteam version with pristine config settings and check, if something is configured not optimal in factorio from the older computer.

https://factorio.com/download

duckydee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by duckydee »

Fixed! Turns out, it was a bad graphics driver install. Doing a clean install through nvidia driver installs fixed it.

Return to “Technical Help”