LAN server issues

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Randunel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

LAN server issues

Post by Randunel »

Hi! I know you might get this a lot but I'm having issues setting up a multiplayer server. I'm trying to host a server so I can play with my brother over the internet. I have port forwarded port 34197. I double checked the IP and the port I introduced multiple times and it looks alright. Recently I discovered that I was on CGNAT but I spoke to my ISP and they gave me a public IP. Port forwarding works for a minecraft server, canyouseeme.com says the port 25565 is open. However when I try to check the port 34197 it says "Connection refused". The map I'm trying to host is opened from the "Host saved game" and my firewall is turned off. Is it possible that even if I have the map running, the game is not listening to the port? What should I do?

Hornwitser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: LAN server issues

Post by Hornwitser »

Make sure you're port forwarding UDP and not TCP for Factorio. Other than that if direct connect to the server works for Minecraft it should also work for Factorio.

Return to “Technical Help”