[1.1.63] Low available space in Steam Remote Storage warning

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.63] Low available space in Steam Remote Storage warning

Post by MEOWMI »

I would like to add that I've had this issue again myself for the last month or two, out of seemingly nowhere. Not deleted any local saves, if anything, there are now more. As per previously, my actual Factorio cloud storage on Steam is practically non-existent (turned off and its contents cleared after turning off, once again just as last time).

The warning says anything from 30-100 MB left but I do ignore it since I don't use the cloud storage.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Thank you @Loewchen for the link and this site. it helpes much and worked.

Google translated:
But please please don't close thread's for no reason in the future. You take away any opportunity to say thank you or anything else to the other person. I find that extremely rude. It makes other people feel bad. It's like you ring the bell, say hello and the door slams in your face. Not a nice thing.

A matter of courtesy and mutual respect

Have all a nice day.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:38 pm
But please please don't close thread's for no reason in the future.
I will close pure duplicates of existing reports, as spreading an issue across multiple topics requires everyone to chase them for the solution. Follow 52433 in the future and you won't create a duplicate in the first place.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Mhh, it comes again, with a other filesize, now they say its only 13 mb free ^^.

From where comes it, is it a steam problem, comes it from the game itself. Are there protocolls to see why this happen? Or where this happen, so maybe a reinstall will help. But for this i must to know wich programm are the problem.

For delete the cloud there are no option in steam right? Maybe Factorio have problems to handle Savefolder over 5gb?

I have delete some savegames and repeat the steps. So now the message is away. i will see the next days if it come third time back.
(But if factorio have problems with 5gb folder this is a bug right?)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Factorio does not care how large the saves file becomes. The error(s) you're seeing are us being told by steam that it is out of space and so we relay that information to you the player.

The bug (unless someone can show me otherwise) is somewhere on steams end and dealing with multiple computers syncing saves. If there is some bug with how we're doing it we don't know about it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:46 pm
Factorio does not care how large the saves file becomes. The error(s) you're seeing are us being told by steam that it is out of space and so we relay that information to you the player.

The bug (unless someone can show me otherwise) is somewhere on steams end and dealing with multiple computers syncing saves. If there is some bug with how we're doing it we don't know about it.
But how can Steam say the cloud are full if the cloud are empty and disabled. Also there are only one computer here - there are no sync in my logic if the cloud are off.

I can say after the folder are smaler, it come dont again for now. How ever the reason for this, today works for me.

Plantagen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Plantagen »

I have the same problem.

Steam cloud is disabled since 3+ months.

Now playing factorio for a few weeks on a new laptop (1 month old) and got this warning yesterday for the first time.

The weird thing is that in my local savegames when going to "Load game", it shows saves from a year back, when I played on another machine. They have apparently been downloaded by Steam in the background, even though steam cloud settings have been disabled since before I got this laptop.

Steam's own page listing savegame files shows something like 4 GB of savegames for Factorio. That is reasonable from the time when I played on another machine a year back and before I turned off Steam cloud. But how and why did these old savegames get downloaded to this new machine?

And is there anything that I can do to fix this? It's also stealing a lot of bandwidth from me.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Save file sync is all on steams end. We in the game don't do anything except write the file to the saves folder. Sorry.

You'll need to contact steam to figure out why they aren't respecting the cloud sync setting for the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

For me, if i fix the problem, it comes back after one, two weeks. I click it now away. So what. Its not normal but dont now why thi happen always again and dont want waste my living time with this.

I thing - close the massage is the better variant for me.

Return to “Technical Help”