[Solved][1.1.60] Can't import longer blueprint strings

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Solved][1.1.60] Can't import longer blueprint strings

Post by Lord »

As the title says i can't import long strings such as books and some big other blueprints into the game.(I can import little ones)
The error it gives is Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete.
I also found out that i can't import Map Exchange Strings. After i got this problem i thought it could be my clipboard having some issues, tried a few external clipboard apps for windows but nothing changed either that way.
I tried all the solutions i saw on the net but nothing solved my problem.(reinstalling,restarting,changing shortcuts etc.)
What should i do ? Anyone having the same problem ?
Error code Image
Last edited by Lord on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.60] Can't import longer blueprint strings

Post by SoShootMe »

Lord wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:40 pm
As the title says i can't import long strings such as books and some big other blueprints into the game.(I can import little ones)
The error it gives is Failed to import string: Decompression failed: Input is invalid or incomplete.
I've imported some fairly large blueprints/books without issue, so I suspect the error message is accurate and the strings you are using have either been corrupted or truncated somewhere along the way. Some examples that have given you trouble would be good, particularly if you have a link that you got them from.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Note, too, v1.1 of the game can only import strings made as of v0.18 or later. To get older strings, you need to setup a version of the game old enough to import it, and then progressively update it one or two major versions at a time until you are at 0.18 before you can make the final jump to v1.1.

Edit: Nope, this isn't a thing with importing blueprint strings. Just the library.
Last edited by FuryoftheStars on Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lord »

I actually tried my blueprints on three different computers and at the other two they work but when i tried to import them into my game at my PC i got this problem so i know that the strings aren't broken or anything its just my computer having some issues i think. Just can't find what's the problem.
Anyways here's the blueprints i tried to import:
https://factorioprints.com/view/-N3P2xLkhvUpKTaWOhOh [The short one that i can import]
https://factoriobin.com/post/9PHUOmc5 [long, can't import]

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Lord wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 am
Import works for me.

If you're using the Steam version, try using Steam to verify the files? Otherwise try an uninstall reinstall of the game. Maybe one of the files is corrupt? Really not sure.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lord »

I tried reinsttaling and verifying several times that didn't help.

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Lord wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:06 am
I actually tried my blueprints on three different computers and at the other two they work but when i tried to import them into my game at my PC i got this problem so i know that the strings aren't broken or anything its just my computer having some issues i think. Just can't find what's the problem.
Anyways here's the blueprints i tried to import:
https://factorioprints.com/view/-N3P2xLkhvUpKTaWOhOh [The short one that i can import]
When you try to import the second one to the game, after you paste it in the import box scroll to the bottom before hitting import. Does it end in "/xeAFADW"?

Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lord »

Yea its the same with what i copy.

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Lord wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:13 am
Yea its the same with what i copy.
That's strange, what's in the image matches for me. Could you try pasting the blueprint string to justpaste.it and linking it? Not sure if it's factorio specific here or not.

Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lord »

Yea you see everything seems normal but it gives me this error.
Justpaste link: https://justpaste.it/2as3d

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Lord wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:35 am
Okay, oh wow. There's uh.. a lot getting changed here. Image (large).

Edit: So, this isn't a Factorio issue. I'm kind of concerned what would be modifying your clipboard in such a way though - if you would like to continue troubleshooting I would be happy to do so. My recommended steps are as follows:

Please note, these steps involve downloading and running (Microsoft) software on your computer. It is always recommended to read and understand what the programs are that you are opening and using.

1. Download autoruns from Microsoft here (click run now from Sysinternals Live).
2. Run the program once it downloads
3. File -> Run as Administrator
4. File -> Save and save the file somewhere you can upload from
5. Upload the saved .arn file somewhere. If you want it to be temporary, which I recommend, I would say use something like litterbox. You could also zip it and upload it here.

This file will contain a list of software that is set to run automatically on your PC. This includes things like scheduled tasks and drivers, so it covers the gamut of "things that may interfere with your clipboard". Once we have a list of suspects, we can go from there.
Last edited by lyvgbfh on Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lord »

Oh my! What could be causing it to changed ?
Edit: Okey thank you so much for helping ill follow your steps.
Last edited by Lord on Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asheiduk »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:27 pm
Note, too, v1.1 of the game can only import strings made as of v0.18 or later. To get older strings, you need to setup a version of the game old enough to import it, and then progressively update it one or two major versions at a time until you are at 0.18 before you can make the final jump to v1.1.
Did the Factorio blueprint string format really change? My impression so far was, that before Factorio implemented that feature itself mods like Blueprint String (forum thread) did it. Of course this mod uses another format (Lua tables instead of JSON, gzip instead of zflate, ...)

Lord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lord »

lyvgbfh wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 am
Lord wrote:

Edit: So, this isn't a Factorio issue. I'm kind of concerned what would be modifying your clipboard in such a way though - if you would like to continue troubleshooting I would be happy to do so. My recommended steps are as follows:

Please note, these steps involve downloading and running (Microsoft) software on your computer. It is always recommended to read and understand what the programs are that you are opening and using.

1. Download autoruns from Microsoft here (click run now from Sysinternals Live).
2. Run the program once it downloads
3. File -> Run as Administrator
4. File -> Save and save the file somewhere you can upload from
5. Upload the saved .arn file somewhere. If you want it to be temporary, which I recommend, I would say use something like litterbox. You could also zip it and upload it here.

This file will contain a list of software that is set to run automatically on your PC. This includes things like scheduled tasks and drivers, so it covers the gamut of "things that may interfere with your clipboard". Once we have a list of suspects, we can go from there.
Oh man , god bless you i figured it out with your help. I'm really thankful! It was one of the startup apps i closed them all and the problem fixed could have been troubleshooted further to find out which app was causin the problem but i just wanna play factorio right now. Again thanks a lot.

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Lord wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:21 am
Oh man , god bless you i figured it out with your help. I'm really thankful! It was one of the startup apps i closed them all and the problem fixed could have been troubleshooted further to find out which app was causin the problem but i just wanna play factorio right now. Again thanks a lot.
I'm happy to have helped, enjoy the game.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

asheiduk wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:57 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Did the Factorio blueprint string format really change? My impression so far was, that before Factorio implemented that feature itself mods like Blueprint String (forum thread) did it. Of course this mod uses another format (Lua tables instead of JSON, gzip instead of zflate, ...)
I’m pretty sure, yes. I believe just about each major version after they first introduced it saw improvements somewhere that changed the logic. I had actually stopped playing after 0.17.60 for a couple years. I came back to this game late last year (November, maybe?), long after 1.1 had dropped. I had to incrementally update my game (0.17 -> 0.18 -> 1.1) in order to save my old blueprints. Not even an export to string/import from string worked.
Lord wrote:
lyvgbfh wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 am
Lord wrote:

Edit: So, this isn't a Factorio issue. I'm kind of concerned what would be modifying your clipboard in such a way though
[…]
This… has me concerned, too. This almost sounds like a virus….

asheiduk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by asheiduk »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:29 pm
asheiduk wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:
I’m pretty sure, yes. I believe just about each major version after they first introduced it saw improvements somewhere that changed the logic. I had actually stopped playing after 0.17.60 for a couple years. I came back to this game late last year (November, maybe?), long after 1.1 had dropped. I had to incrementally update my game (0.17 -> 0.18 -> 1.1) in order to save my old blueprints. Not even an export to string/import from string worked.
I think you mix up the format of of the binary blueprint-storage.dat (your blueprint library) which indeed changes even for bugfix versions and the format of the export strings.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Solved][1.1.60] Can't import longer blueprint strings

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I suppose it’s possible, though I could of sworn I tried export/import as a method of getting from 0.17 -> 1.1 and it didn’t work.

When I have time later I’ll dig into it. I’m genuinely curious now if I have it wrong.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Lord wrote:

I am not your mum to tell you what to do, but if you have something running on startup, which interferes with your clipboard, that sound like a virus to me, something to highjack wallets/sensitive info.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

asheiduk wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:18 pm
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:29 pm
asheiduk wrote:
FuryoftheStars wrote:
I think you mix up the format of of the binary blueprint-storage.dat (your blueprint library) which indeed changes even for bugfix versions and the format of the export strings.
Ok, yup, I had things mixed up. 1.1 is able to import strings created as old as 0.15, when Factorio first started (natively) supporting blueprint string export/importing. I think what caused me to believe this was my personal struggles with upgrading from 0.17 -> 1.1 (which may have been because of mod data), the fact that I didn't realize it didn't natively exist in game before 0.15 (I think their release of 0.15.0 is when I found the game and started playing), and then not too long ago I came across a thread with a "blueprint string" from 0.13 that made no mention of needing a mod to use and someone else posting saying the game was giving them a message about failing to import.

Welp... good to know! Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Return to “Technical Help”