[1.1.60] Game hangs at ~35 seconds after getting to main menu every time

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
leighton9999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.60] Game hangs at ~35 seconds after getting to main menu every time

Post by leighton9999 »

At roughly the 35-second mark after the game fully loads and I get to the main menu, the game hangs and becomes unresponsive; I have to force-close it and no Factorio crash report is created. I originally tried in the stable branch (1.1.59), and then tried 1.1.60 and 1.1.x to see if there was any difference. Same issue in each version. Originally started with old mods which I cleared out, and it still happened even with zero mods installed. I've also tried messing with various graphics settings in-game with no success.

It doesn't matter whether I load into the main menu and let it sit or if I am browsing mods/other areas of the main menu.

Other things I've tried:

Windowed vs Full-screen
Verified files
Full reinstall via Steam
Reinstall after deleting files manually
DDU + Updated display drivers
Disable Steam overlay and all other forms of overlays
Moved the game from my external drive to my primary drive
Disable Cloud saving
Ran the actual factorio.exe file as administrator
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(43.97 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.60] Game hangs at ~35 seconds after getting to main menu every time

Post by lyvgbfh »

Does this happen with menu simulations disabled?

Could you try opening %AppData%\Factorio\config\config.ini and change

Code: Select all

; Options: true, false
; enable-logitech-led-support=true
to

Code: Select all

; Options: true, false
enable-logitech-led-support=false
Please note you do remove the semicolon at the start of the second line.

leighton9999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.60] Game hangs at ~35 seconds after getting to main menu every time

Post by leighton9999 »

Hey lyvgbfh,

I still had menu simulations enabled as I didn't know that was a setting. I started with your suggestion of disabling the Logitech LED Support. This seems to have worked, or at least I have not had any hangs while letting the main menu sit open for several minutes now! It's kind of interesting because I have the lighting disabled in the Logitech app (more battery!). Thanks!

Edit: Spoke too soon. Forgot to delete the semicolon, but it still didn't hang. However, that goes to the next issue of why it didn't hang that time: My guess is the Krastorio 2 main menu screen, and for some reason it also didn't hang even when I just disabled the mod and reloaded (not a full restart). However, restarting the game after disabling K2 caused the hang issue to return. I've now disabled the menu animations and that seems to have fixed the issue, though.

Return to “Technical Help”