[1.1.59] Factorio not launching on OS X El Capitan

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cgraff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.59] Factorio not launching on OS X El Capitan

Post by cgraff »

Just bought and installed Factorio from the developer's site after playing the demo on Steam (which ran perfectly fine). Whenever I try to launch it, it immediately crashes without even a loading screen.

Log is attached.
Attachments
log.txt
(39.25 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.59] Factorio not launching on OS X El Capitan

Post by Xorimuth »

Whilst factorio is supposed to support 10.10 and above (and you're on 10.11) from googling your error it seems that it is using something only found in 10.12 and above. Is there a way for you to update to 10.12? Your MacBook does support it.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.59] Factorio not launching on OS X El Capitan

Post by posila »

We probably won't be actively supporting deprecated macOS versions anymore. You can download version https://factorio.com/get-download/1.1.49/alpha/osx (which is the same version as the demo on Steam), or e-mail us to support@factorio.com and ask for a refund. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Return to “Technical Help”