Humble Bundle Website Key Issue.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
BaconWax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Humble Bundle Website Key Issue.

Post by BaconWax »

Well, I'm trying to buy this game because the demo got me hooked, and everything went fine until I went to get my website key. I payed via credit card on Humble Bundle, got a Factorio account, verified my email, logged in and pressed "Upgrade," but when I pressed "Reveal your Factorio key" on the redeem page Humble Bundle sent me, it loaded for a sec, and then said "Please try redeeming again later." I did try again later: 20 minutes later, and when that didn't work, I tried again an hour later.
The only thing I can think of that might be a problem is that I don't have a Humble Bundle account, do I need one to get the key? If that's not the issue, then do I need to contact Factorio support? or just try again later?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Humble Bundle Website Key Issue.

Post by Loewchen »

Purchasing on humblebundle.com requires an humblebunlde account, so if you don't have such an account, how did you buy the game?

BaconWax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BaconWax »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:09 pm
Purchasing on humblebundle.com requires an humblebunlde account, so if you don't have such an account, how did you buy the game?
Not sure, I put my email in and requested a password reset to check and see if I do have one, but the reset password email says:
"You are receiving this email because you attempted to reset your Humble Bundle password. Our records indicate that you have purchased items from us in the past but have not yet created a Humble Bundle account with this email address.

Accounts are an optional feature, but we recommend creating one to easily keep track of your purchases. If you would like to create an account, click the following link:..."
The way I bought it was by going to https://www.factorio.com/buy , putting in my email, and pressing "Pay with Card." That redirected me to Humble Bundle where I input my credit card information and bought it. It sent me a receipt, and then (because I accidentally checked the "Send as Gift" button on Factorio.com) sent me an email with a link to send to whoever I wanted to give the game to. I clicked the link myself, redeemed it, and got sent to the Redeem Key page, where I am now stuck.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

BaconWax wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:19 pm
The way I bought it was by going to https://www.factorio.com/buy , putting in my email, and pressing "Pay with Card." That redirected me to Humble Bundle where I input my credit card information and bought it. It sent me a receipt, and then (because I accidentally checked the "Send as Gift" button on Factorio.com) sent me an email with a link to send to whoever I wanted to give the game to. I clicked the link myself, redeemed it, and got sent to the Redeem Key page, where I am now stuck.
Oh that only uses humble as payment processor. You redeemed the key you got per email on factorio.com but still have no access to the game download?

BaconWax
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BaconWax »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 pm
BaconWax wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:19 pm
Oh that only uses humble as payment processor. You redeemed the key you got per email on factorio.com but still have no access to the game download?
I am in the process of redeeming the code I guess. I redeemed the gift for myself, after which I got sent an email form Humble Bundle with a link to a page to get my website key. The page gives instructions on how and where to input the website key, along with a button at the bottom that says "Reveal your Factorio key." I've tried many times now, but every time I click the reveal button, the text just changes from "Reveal your Factorio key" to "Please try redeeming again later." I would send a screenshot... but I'm not exactly sure how to get an image onto here from my file system.
My understanding is that I need to upgrade my Factorio.com account to access the download, which is what I'm trying to do.
EDIT: Hallelujah, tried using a different device and it worked instantly, I have the code now and just downloaded it, sorry for the hassle, thanks for helping though!

Return to “Technical Help”