6 second mini freezes

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Bullet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

6 second mini freezes

Post by Bullet »

Hi all. Coming back to Factorio after a couple of years. Unfortunately every few minutes the game freezes for around 6 seconds, This is not the autosave. The white cursor still moves, and the pc is not affected. I played for a while noting the time of each incident, and it appears to coincide with clipSVC starting and stopping, which is apparently connected to client licensing of the MS store. Anyone seen this or have any ideas to fix (other than disabling the service)? Thanks

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 6 second mini freezes

Post by Rseding91 »

Are you using any mods?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Bullet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bullet »

I was using 1 mod "infinite resources". I have started a vanilla game and things seem ok, although not had time to play too long. So fingers crossed. Thanks

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Bullet wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 5:26 pm
I was using 1 mod "infinite resources". I have started a vanilla game and things seem ok, although not had time to play too long. So fingers crossed. Thanks
Which infinite resource mod? I ask only because I released one, but there shouldn’t be any code that causes this and if there is, I’d like to fix it.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Bullet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Bullet »

Not 100% sure as I deleted and reinstalled the game. However, I have just tested your mod and it seems fine. Thanks.

Return to “Technical Help”