Does increasing game speed disable achievements?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Does increasing game speed disable achievements?

Post by Drakken »

I know that some console commands cancel achievements while others like checking evolution do not.

What I don't know is if changing the game speed cancels them? I would think not, as it will just make playing harder. However, I am in late game with over 48 hours invested and in a stable safe place on the hardest map possible. I want to get this game over with, but do not want to mess up my achievements as this is the hardest vanilla game I've ever even seen be attempted. I am recording this play through to post on YouTube. So soon you can check it out.

I would be most appreciative if anyone knows this answer for certain. Thanks in advance.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Does increasing game speed disable achievements?

Post by Loewchen »

Yes and you will get a warning when trying a command for the first time.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Commands in the Scripting and cheat commands table will disable achievements when used. As changing the game speed requires use of the /c command from that table, yes, it will disable your achievements.

Edit: And as Loewchen mentioned, any command that can disable achievements will not execute and warn you on first attempt. Trying the same command again will then be executed and disable achievements.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Drakken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Drakken »

Thank you so much for the information!

Return to “Technical Help”