[1.1.57] Headless server "Downloading map from other peers failed. Please try again."

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Anorak_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.57] Headless server "Downloading map from other peers failed. Please try again."

Post by Anorak_ »

Hi there,

me and my friends ran into an issue with the headless server [1.1.57]. Most of the time the server behaves as expected until my friend tried to connect on his pc(usually plays on a different machine).

When he tries to connect, his client just gives him a prompt saying "Downloading map from other peers failed. Please try again."

The server console looks like it skips a bunch of state changes before moving the player to state(InGame)
factorioconsole.png
factorioconsole.png (34.36 KiB) Viewed 535 times
I have not been able to replicate this on my machines however we tried everything including change of network, server host change and game reinstall.

[EDIT]
The issue was caused by Avast antivirus running on the machine and blocking access to some files. Started working immediately after Avast uninstall.

Return to “Technical Help”