Factorio cannot be optimized (N. Geforce)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Factorio cannot be optimized (N. Geforce)

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Hello,

In Nvidia Geforce application, unlike all my other games, I cannot optimize only factorio. Frankly, I'm not entirely sure if this affects the graphics quality in-game. But only in factorio I get this error. "Cannot get current settings."

Note: Even if I open the game from the "START" icon in the upper right corner of the geforce application, from within steam, from the desktop shortcut, the error does not change.

-I don't know what the exact effect of the "optimize" setting that the application offers. I adjust my settings from the graphics settings in the game. Does Geforce's not optimizing error affect my image quality, and how do I fix this error?

Thanks...

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Factorio cannot be optimized (N. Geforce)

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

no one has any idea :/

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

It's the same with my system.

You have to change the settings ingame by yourself.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

steinio wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:49 am
It's the same with my system.

You have to change the settings ingame by yourself.
https://www.nvidia.com/tr-tr/geforce/ge ... nce/games/

So it's really just a problem with my system isn't it? Nvidia has specified the "factorio" game on its site among the supported games. All my other games can be optimized from geforce. But except for factorio... Frankly, I think my image quality is also low. I haven't played the game for a long time, the image quality I got in the past was better, it was like HD, now it feels very blurry.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

For a long time, I played with terrible visual quality even though my system was sufficient... I made more than one post about it, I asked; I found the answer I was looking for myself. I automate the 3d settings from the Nvidia control panel, not the Geforce application, and chose the quality focused one. My image quality has completely changed, I tortured my eyes. Although all of the graphics settings in the game are of the highest quality, they directly affect the settings here. Anyway, problem solved. Let me share the screenshot...

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:21 pm
For a long time, I played with terrible visual quality even though my system was sufficient... I made more than one post about it, I asked; I found the answer I was looking for myself. I automate the 3d settings from the Nvidia control panel, not the Geforce application, and chose the quality focused one. My image quality has completely changed, I tortured my eyes. Although all of the graphics settings in the game are of the highest quality, they directly affect the settings here. Anyway, problem solved. Let me share the screenshot...

I restored it to the default initial settings (default). Turning the automatic option clearly improved the quality. When I realized for sure that the problem was from here, I made detailed corrections. For those who don't know, let me share.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but nvidia "optimisation" is a marketing gimmick. It does not make games magically look better or perform better.
Your best bet is not to use it, ever. It's simply there for data aggregation.

At best it simply uses some random setting preset for your game. Just take a look at factorios game settings, and the tooltips will tell you, what is good for what. A 10 minute process.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

aka13 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:50 pm
Sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but nvidia "optimisation" is a marketing gimmick. It does not make games magically look better or perform better.
Your best bet is not to use it, ever. It's simply there for data aggregation.

At best it simply uses some random setting preset for your game. Just take a look at factorios game settings, and the tooltips will tell you, what is good for what. A 10 minute process.
I can admit that Optimization is not smart. (Geforce App is Separate, may be dysfunctional; Nvidia Control Panel is my last post)

All the games I know have detailed graphics settings. But in factorio this really doesn't exist. Those settings I made a long time ago (unknowingly) really spoiled the visuals. The texts looked faint, the icons were not HD, they were blurry, I could not explain my problem to anyone on the forum. I 'reset' the presets in the control panel. Then it was already fixed directly, sharpness, anti-aliasing, etc. As a result, corrupted because I went into details that I do not understand. I reset it and it worked.

Return to “Technical Help”