[1.1.57] Slow loading due to "Factorio crashed"

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.57] Slow loading due to "Factorio crashed"

Post by JustGoFly »

I'm playing Warptorio2, with some QOL mods, and end of level and loading the game are very slow. In the log file I see this many times:

c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\buildtools\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\thr\xthread (230): std::_LaunchPad<std::unique_ptr<std::tuple<void (__cdecl*)(MapInterface,ParallelScenarioLoader *,MapDeserialiser *,enum InputType,InputHandler *,MultiplayerManagerBase *,NamedBool<EnableReplayTag>),MapInterface,ParallelScenarioLoader *,MapDeserialiser *,enum InputType,InputHandler *,MultiplayerManagerBase *,enum NamedBool<EnableReplayTag>::Enum>,std::default_delete<std::tuple<void (__cdecl*)(MapInterface,ParallelScenarioLoader *,MapDeserialiser *,enum InputType,InputHandler *,MultiplayerManagerBase *,NamedBool<EnableReplayTag>),MapInterface,ParallelScenarioLoader *,MapDeserialiser *,enum InputType,InputHandler *,MultiplayerManagerBase *,enum NamedBool<EnableReplayTag>::Enum> > > >::_Go
c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\buildtools\vc\tools\msvc\14.15.26726\include\thr\xthread (209): std::_Pad::_Call_func
minkernel\crts\ucrt\src\appcrt\startup\thread.cpp (115): thread_start<unsigned int (__cdecl*)(void * __ptr64)>
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFA8D697034)
00007FFA8D697034 (KERNEL32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00007FFA8DE82651)
00007FFA8DE82651 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
Stack trace logging done
56.889 Error RuntimeError.cpp:24: LuaEntity doesn't contain key index.
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...

It does eventually load, but this goes on for ten or so minutes on a mod designed to change levels every 10-15 minutes.
Log file saved here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5lpw50pgcpnx ... l.log?dl=0
Help Please !

<edit> I just saw the release notes, and background (experimental) saves are on. I'll turn that off and retest.<edit>
Last edited by JustGoFly on Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.57] Slow loading due to "Factorio crashed"

Post by Rseding91 »

Did you enable "log-stack-trace-on-non-critical-exception" in the config file?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JustGoFly »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:10 am
Did you enable "log-stack-trace-on-non-critical-exception" in the config file?
Yes - it was on for the saved config.
log-stack-trace-on-non-critical-exception=true

so this is likely why it's so slow - it's saving a stack trace with every non critical exception - I'll disable and test more.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

"saved config"? The option is disabled by default and some player has to enable it for it to ever be on.

JustGoFly
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JustGoFly »

Thanks, I turned this off (false setting), and the delays all disappeared. Previously changing maps took ten minutes, are now less than a second.

Also this impacted playing Factorio, just putting down a steel box would cause a few second delay, and when research completed, causing a change to the Warp platform was 20 seconds. The delay kicked any other players and caused huge lag for them, and some for me hosting.

Can you tell me where the stack traces are saved? There must be thousands of them, unless one is constantly overwritten. I'd like to remove them.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

JustGoFly wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:17 pm
Thanks, I turned this off (false setting), and the delays all disappeared. Previously changing maps took ten minutes, are now less than a second.

Also this impacted playing Factorio, just putting down a steel box would cause a few second delay, and when research completed, causing a change to the Warp platform was 20 seconds. The delay kicked any other players and caused huge lag for them, and some for me hosting.

Can you tell me where the stack traces are saved? There must be thousands of them, unless one is constantly overwritten. I'd like to remove them.
In the log file. The log file is cycled out every other time the game starts so if you've restarted the game more than once it's gone.

Return to “Technical Help”