can not connect to my own dedicated server on my network

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
lowrider001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

can not connect to my own dedicated server on my network

Post by lowrider001 »

so i'm trying to host a dedicated server on my network on a separate machine but my computer that i'm going to use to connect and play on wont find a ping to the server. my buddy at the same time though can connect and play on the server. i cant seem to find an issue as the server it self works, and i have other things on the server that's hosted that i can connect to. so i'm wondering if i need a second license to run a server or if it has to do with publicly listing the server. as when you publicly list the server you have to use your factorio.com user and password could that be blocking me from using it to connect to the server on my gaming pc?

any thought would be appreciated.

lowrider001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: can not connect to my own dedicated server on my network

Post by lowrider001 »

btw my buddy is connecting through the internet not on the same lan.

lowrider001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lowrider001 »

figured it out. apperantly factorio was allowed through my firewall for public, but not private networks. im geussing private doesnt let stuff through on lan? im not sure why lan wouldnt work but through the internet would work for my buddy.

warlordkn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by warlordkn »

can you explain your solution a little more?

i am having this exact issue down to a T

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

It means: If you run the Factorio server under Windows, check the Windows firewall and allow incoming traffic for the Factorio server. Windows has 3 rulesets for the firewall: one for private network, one for public network and one for corporate (domain) network. Each network adapter is assigned to one of these networks. Make sure the proper ruleset matching the network for your network adapter is allowing Factorio traffic.

Return to “Technical Help”