[1.1.53] Non-steam version can't connect to multiplayer game that is connectable with steam version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Atraps003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.53] Non-steam version can't connect to multiplayer game that is connectable with steam version

Post by Atraps003 »

I've noticed that the non-steam version of the game can't connect to multiplayer games that are connectable with the steam version. I don't know how to reproduce this issue. It does not happen often. I have attached a video showing the problem.
Attachments
non-steam-vs-steam-connection.mp4
(13.95 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
steam-factorio-previous.log
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
nosteam-factorio-previous.log
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.53] Non-steam version can't connect to multiplayer game that is connectable with steam version

Post by Silari »

Steam version can use Steam Networking to get around certain networking issues, like port forwarding and double NATs, so not surprising it works sometimes when the non-steam version can't.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.53] Non-steam version can't connect to multiplayer game that is connectable with steam version

Post by robot256 »

This is the same symptom I see when trying to connect to my headless LAN server, both in steam client and standalone. Any suggestions what to try changing next would be really helpful!

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=101460&p=560942

Edit: Turns out this was unrelated. Fixed it by clearing out the mod settings.

Return to “Technical Help”