[1.1.53] Unknown crash on my save and 3 different autosaves.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Phrost
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.53] Unknown crash on my save and 3 different autosaves.

Post by Phrost »

Make a useful title
Factorio version: 1.1.53
Crash when loading any save

90 hours into this map, playing with Angels, Bobs, and Clowns mods and some other quality of life mods. After I was done playing I saved the game and exited out. Now I cant load the save or any of the auto saves, game crashes to desktop. Tried everything I could think of, still cant load.

If at all possible, would really appreciate any help recovering my save file, I have put so much time and effort into it.
Attachments
test.zip
(39.51 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
factorio-current.log
(103.41 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.53] Unknown crash on my save and 3 different autosaves.

Post by Loewchen »

You can try loading it with some mods disabled to find out which one is responsible.

Phrost
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phrost »

Loewchen wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:17 am
You can try loading it with some mods disabled to find out which one is responsible.
I tried removing all the mods and I still get the same crash.
I dont know much about this, but it seems it might have something to do with this
23.730 Error Chunk.cpp:723: Trying to make chunk at unreasonable position [1311+13, -28]

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Your map file is corrupt. Most likely from a random bit flip or possibly from your RAM going bad. I recommend running something like https://www.memtest.org/ to see if it spots anything.

As for the save file: in the latest version of the game (1.1.53) I added a config option that can attempt to recover corrupt files of this nature. You can enable it by going to the settings menu while holding control and alt -> clicking "The Rest" -> check "enable-corrupt-position-recovery".

Then try to load the save file. If it loads: make a new save. After that, go back to the setting menu and disable the recovery setting.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Phrost
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Phrost »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:51 am
Your map file is corrupt. Most likely from a random bit flip or possibly from your RAM going bad. I recommend running something like https://www.memtest.org/ to see if it spots anything.

As for the save file: in the latest version of the game (1.1.53) I added a config option that can attempt to recover corrupt files of this nature. You can enable it by going to the settings menu while holding control and alt -> clicking "The Rest" -> check "enable-corrupt-position-recovery".

Then try to load the save file. If it loads: make a new save. After that, go back to the setting menu and disable the recovery setting.
Thank you so much, that worked perfectly.

Return to “Technical Help”