Please Help! Blueprints seem gone

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ekamien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Please Help! Blueprints seem gone

Post by ekamien »

Hi All, I've not played in a while, and when I went to start a new game today the blueprints are empty. It's happened before and it was due to the cloud sync option becoming unticked.
well I checked it off, quit and reopened the game several times and the prints are still gone.

where'd they go? why did this happen?

It seems they are gone from my other saves too!!

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Please Help! Blueprints seem gone

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Blueprints are save independent (now), and (on Windows) should be located here: %AppData%\Roaming\Factorio
And the primary file is: blueprint-storage.dat

When was the last time you played? Was it before version 0.18? If so, then it's just an issue of the game will not convert blueprints older than 0.18 directly to 1.1 and you'll have to use theb Beta feature of Steam to roll the game back to an older version and work your way up from there. Note that likely your blueprints in this case have had a backup made of them and stored in a different file. I recommend making a copy of it before doing anything more.

If this is not the case for you, I do know I've seen other threads regarding Steam Cloud and blueprints. You'll have to search to find them, though.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ekamien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ekamien »

Thank I'll take a look now, I last played after 1.1 I believe, definitely after 1.0

I remember going through old saves and converting when .18 happened.

ekamien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ekamien »

So I found that file but it's only 1Kb.

Is there somewhere else in game data to find them? I think this is a fresh install (on a new PC build) and I was counting on the steam cloud. Is there a way to restore what was in steam cloud?

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ah, ok. I feel like there was another tick box somewhere within Factorio that enables cloud saving of blueprints with Steam. Again, I remember seeing other threads on the subject, but i don't know where they are offhand, so you may need to search.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

ekamien
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ekamien »

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ah, nice. Hadn't seen that before.

Return to “Technical Help”