Dedicated server crashing to desktop

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Dedicated server crashing to desktop

Post by cpy »

I have a dedicated server that have been working for years I only update version or mods or change map but always was working.
Suddenly it does not start on clean install with or without mods. I can run same mods and save file on steam version but dedicated version does not start.
Any ideas why perfectly working server refused to work?

I tried loading different saves but still nothing even though I can load it in single player no problem on my main PC.

Also server stopped working after normal save game when I exited game to do planned restart of server but it didn't came back on. Just loading then crash to desktop.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Dedicated server crashing to desktop

Post by robot256 »

Can you post factorio-current.log from a failed startup attempt? There are some issues with SE/K2 updates this week, if you have either of them installed.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I checked log and it says I have to verify login with email. The hell how do I disable email verification? I can't have my dedicated server randomly crapping out because of this!

How do I disable email verification? I'm not entering email every damn time I want to run my game!

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

Sorry about that! We added email authentication a few months ago to stop account takeovers. It can trigger when an account didn't have activity for a while or the password was found in a data breach. (You can check if the latter applies to you by logging into factorio.com)
bringing the oops to devops

vinzenz
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by vinzenz »

cpy wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:14 pm
How do I disable email verification? I'm not entering email every damn time I want to run my game!
You can avoid email authentication by saving your authentication token instead of your password in server-settings.json (See also https://wiki.factorio.com/Multiplayer#A ... figuration)
bringing the oops to devops

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Will use token instead now. Thanks.

Return to “Technical Help”