[1.1.50] Horizontal scrolling inverted with 4-way mouse wheel

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Nargon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.50] Horizontal scrolling inverted with 4-way mouse wheel

Post by Nargon »

Hi, i have Logitech mouse with 4-way mouse wheel. (the exact model is Logitech G502 Hero)
Recently I found that the horizontal scrolling in the Factorio is wrong. Scrolling left and right is swapped.

If i scroll down, the vertical scrollbar moves down. (OK)
If i scroll up, the vertical scrollbar moves up. (OK)
If i scroll left, the horizontal scrollbar moves to the right. (Wrong)
If i scroll right, the horizontal scrollbar moves to the left. (Wrong)

This is best seen when creating a new game in the map preview. Or in the research gui in the technology tree.

In other applications (such as a web browser), horizontal scrolling works well for me.

It is a bug in the game or problem only on my PC? Is it possible to swap the horizontal scrolling in the options? I didn't find it in the settings.
The only solution I have found is in mouse software. There I need a special profile where I swap the left and right scrolling.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.50] Horizontal scrolling inverted with 4-way mouse wheel

Post by Silari »

Huh, I completely forgot horizontal scrolling is a thing with this mouse (Logitech G502 Hero).

Can confirm the same issue here (on 1.1.48) - left and right scrolling are reversed in Factorio. Works as expected in other programs, like Notepad++.
Last edited by Silari on Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nargon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nargon »

I'm glad it's not a bad setting on my PC. Or some game settings that I missed.

At the same time, I am wondering why no one has reported it yet. Am I the first one who use horizontal scrolling? :shock: 😲👀

ninjayeti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ninjayeti »

[1.1.82] I can confirm that horizontal scrolling in the tech tree is opposite from expected on my macbook pro. I have "natural scrolling" disabled in system preferences.

Return to “Technical Help”