spidertron remote shift right click not working

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
rstupek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

spidertron remote shift right click not working

Post by rstupek »

My install isn't allowing the spidertron shift right click to reset the remote to be assigned to a different spidertron.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: spidertron remote shift right click not working

Post by wobbycarly »

Maybe check your key bindings?

rstupek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rstupek »

That setting doesn't appear in the key bindings list. It started happening after updating to the last release

rstupek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rstupek »

Any ideas how I can get this working again? Any way to debug it?

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Just to check, are you doing this whilst hovering over the item or whilst holding it?
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

rstupek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rstupek »

Holding the remote, Shift Right Click, is not resetting the remote

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

it's weird, i never noticed but it's not in my controls settings either. that seems like an oversight.

rstupek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rstupek »

Is there a config file somewhere that has any of the overridden keymappings that I can check?

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Vanilla does not reset the spidertron remote while holding it. You have to shift-right-click on it on your inventory or quickbar, before picking it up. It's non-intuitive, and the tooltip is confusing, but that's how it is.

If shift-right-click while holding ever worked, it was either from a previous version that got changed, or from a QoL mod.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

As others have pointed out, you need to shift-right-click whilst hovering over the item, not whilst holding it. Clearing it whilst holding it is a feature of my Spidertron Enhancements mod (and possible a few other mods). The vanilla method doesn't have its own keybind, it uses the keybind that is used for splitting stacks of items (called 'stack-split' internally - my modded feature uses this as a linked_game_control).
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

rstupek wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:24 pm
Is there a config file somewhere that has any of the overridden keymappings that I can check?
Yes, see https://wiki.factorio.com/Application_directory 'config/config.ini' which contains all settings and controls. Any line without a semicolon at the start is where you've set it to something other than the default.
My mods

Return to “Technical Help”