Unable to get save files to load.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
korennya
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Unable to get save files to load.

Post by korennya »

I"m currently unable to get my save files to load. The kind people over in the Space exploration mod channel on discord have tried helping me. I sent them my save file and they were unable to load it as well. The told me that the process isnt' even getting to the on_load stage after looking at the logs and thought that the devs here would have more insight into why the load process is failing. I had mulitple sequential saves over the past 3 days as we were starting to have playability issues after the last updates. Earlier today I couldnt' load the most recent save, but now when i try previous saves they are also failing when they worked only hours ago. Currently I can't get any recent save (recent being in teh last week) to load. These current saves have approx. 1200 hours on them. THe last save i can get to load is now 800 hours old :( I could use some help trying to determine the root of this issue. Loosing 400 hours of work would be heartbreaking.

Additionally. I was playing this save with one other person. We took turns hosting, and they have saves of the game also. As of today, none of theirs will load either save really old ones. I'll attach a link below to a google drive that holds the most recent save file that's currently failing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZIOw0h ... sp=sharing
factorio-current.log
(49.31 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

Genhis
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Unable to get save files to load.

Post by Genhis »

1200 hours is quite an impressive save. :)

The loading got slowed down a lot because there were 75000 items on ground on a single spot (most likely something caused by a mod). I removed all items on ground from your save, so you should be able load it normally. We'll see if something can be done about loading speed in this case.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1laGdOJ ... sp=sharing

korennya
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Unable to get save files to load.

Post by korennya »

Thank you very much for taking the time to solve the problem. I'm sorry that it boiled down to us horsing around and doing stupid shittm. Once again thank you for not only taking the time to sort this out but to also provide a corrected save that will allow us to continue enjoying this game.

Return to “Technical Help”