Steam Achivments Not Working

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
HALL-9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Steam Achivments Not Working

Post by HALL-9000 »

In the beginning, I played Factorio through Family Sharing. Information about achievements appeared in the game, but was not reflected in any way in Steam.
Then I bought the game to my account and completely reinstalled the game (With the removal of the "%AppData%/Factorio" directory). It did not help.
What could be the problem and how can this be fixed?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Steam Achivments Not Working

Post by aka13 »

HALL-9000 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:33 am
In the beginning, I played Factorio through Family Sharing. Information about achievements appeared in the game, but was not reflected in any way in Steam.
Then I bought the game to my account and completely reinstalled the game (With the removal of the "%AppData%/Factorio" directory). It did not help.
What could be the problem and how can this be fixed?
Are you are using mods or console commands in your save?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

HALL-9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HALL-9000 »

I do not know console commands and do not use them. The only one mod is Helmod 0.12.5.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Use of any mods, no matter how small, disable all achivements for that game from the point you used the mod on.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

HALL-9000 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:12 pm
I do not know console commands and do not use them. The only one mod is Helmod 0.12.5.
As stated before, using mods disables steam achievements for that save. You could remove helmod, recover the achievements, there is a topic somewhere, on how to edit saves to reenable them, get all achievements, and then reenable Helmod again.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

aka13 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:32 pm
HALL-9000 wrote:
As stated before, using mods disables steam achievements for that save. You could remove helmod, recover the achievements, there is a topic somewhere, on how to edit saves to reenable them, get all achievements, and then reenable Helmod again.
Mods (unlike console commands) don't permanently disable steam achievements on a save. You can just disable the mod and load the save to start earning achievements.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Xorimuth wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:02 pm
aka13 wrote:
HALL-9000 wrote:
Mods (unlike console commands) don't permanently disable steam achievements on a save. You can just disable the mod and load the save to start earning achievements.
Really? So you can load a mod that gives you a crap ton of goods to start, then disable the mod and keep going? Not that I advocate disabling achievements with mods enabled in the first place, but the logic here seems counter-intuitive.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

HALL-9000
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by HALL-9000 »

I disabled all mods and started a new game. I waited for the beetle attack due to pollution. And got the achievement:
"It stinks and they don't like it
Trigger an alien attack by pollution."
This achievement was correctly displayed on Steam.
The whole point was that I used a mod.
Thank you all so much for your help!

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Xorimuth wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:02 pm
aka13 wrote:
HALL-9000 wrote:
I was not aware of that, that's interesting. I was under the impression, that mods do that as well. One never stops learning, I guess :)

Return to “Technical Help”