Help with Factorio Mods

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
bombasticjoe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Help with Factorio Mods

Post by bombasticjoe »

Alright, so I loaded my Factorio save (steam) with the Creative Mod still loaded.
I realized and then disabled the mod, and reloaded it in
Are the steam achievements disabled and if so how do I re-enable them?
Thanks! :D
ADD MILK
How do you get it? Biters.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Help with Factorio Mods

Post by Koub »

Did you save after loading with the creative mod ?
If yes : Steam achievements are disabled. If they are, good luck
If no : Steam achievements are not disabled.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Help with Factorio Mods

Post by FuryoftheStars »

If you did not save while the other mod was active (and there are no other mods active), or have a backup/auto-save from before loading with the mod enabled that you can revert to, then you're good.

If not, then the only way I know is via hex editing the save file. I think there was a thread covering the subject in General at one point, though the save format has changed a few times over the years since that thread was started, so only the last few(?) pages would be relevant.

Edit: Koub answered while I was typing. :) And provided a link to the thread I was mentioning. :P
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Technical Help”