[Solved] Mods site inaccessible

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Heptagon_ru
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Solved] Mods site inaccessible

Post by Heptagon_ru »

Solved by ISP.

Hello.

I am unable to access mods.factorio.com from inside of the game or from a web browser. But ping seem to work fine.

Game says :"Unable to download mod list" (API call failed, api/mods, 520)

Browser says: Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at mods.factorio.com.

Pinging mods.factorio.com [172.67.71.197] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 172.67.71.197: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=57

This started to happen few days ago, but a week ago all was fine, I installed few mods using in-game interface.

I tried to relog in the game (my in-game login is Heptagon_ru, authentification through Steam), ipconfig /flushdns, rebooted router, used DNS 1.1.1.1 instead of automatically given.
Game version 1.1.42.

A friend of mine in a nearby town can successfully access the web site and download the mod list in game.

I have checked if the site or IP is blocked by our government - the site name is not but the IP 172.67.71.197 seem to be.
Maybe my friend in the nearby town can see it because the block has not propagated to him yet ...
Also I am not sure I am checking the correct IP.

Can you help me somehow?
Maybe you blocked my dynamic IP somehow (had it happened once, 10 years ago on a gaming community forum, just because they blocked IP ranges because of an attack and my IP was there somehow).
Maybe your mods site is hosted on some cloud and got a new ip recently which was previousely blocked by our government?

Return to “Technical Help”