Issues setting up a docker server image

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
thewalkingdude
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Issues setting up a docker server image

Post by thewalkingdude »

Hi there,

I am quite a novice when it comes to Docker and nas in general, I've got a few containers running and I've managed to get by, however I am really struggling getting the image to work for a Factorio server. I can run it as usual without setting any volumes and its fine, except I don't know where the saves are being accessed so I can change the save to the one me and a friend have been working on hosted by my PC.

However, when I set the /factorio volume to my local folder which has admin permissions and my user permissions for read and write, I keep getting this error and the container stops.

+ su-exec factorio /opt/factorio/bin/x64/factorio --create /factorio/saves/_autosave1.zip --map-gen-settings /factorio/config/map-gen-settings.json --map-settings /factorio/config/map-settings.json
0.000 Error Util.cpp:83: filesystem error: status: Permission denied [/factorio/saves]

Any ideas what is causing this? I can see the folders have been generated and a few files in another folder but this one is stopping it.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Issues setting up a docker server image

Post by SoShootMe »

Possibly https://docs.docker.com/storage/bind-mo ... inux-label.

Other than that, with a bind mount, the mode and numeric owner/group of a file or directory will be the same inside and outside the container; the numeric uid and gid(s) of the process running inside the container are used to determine access in the usual manner. However, the numeric IDs for given owner and group names may differ inside and outside the container.

Return to “Technical Help”