Why was asyncronous autosaving removed from the game?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
motmontheinternet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Why was asyncronous autosaving removed from the game?

Post by motmontheinternet »

In the Mac and Linux versions of the game, there used to be an option to make it so that autosaving would not cause the game to hang. I am using the Linux version. I am pretty sure the feature was still available when version 1.1 was released, but it's not anymore and I can't find anything in the patch notes about it being removed. It used to be in Settings -> Other.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Why was asyncronous autosaving removed from the game?

Post by Silari »

Don't believe it was ever in the settings page as it's considered an experimental feature, you always had to do it via config or the hidden settings accessed by holding Ctrl+Alt when clicking the settings button. The new option 'The Rest' will appear and the option for non-blocking saves is in there.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

That was never in Other and always in "The rest" afaik, you can edit the config file as well to set it.

motmontheinternet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by motmontheinternet »

Oh it was definitely in the other section. I've never used crtl+atl when clicking on settings before and yeah the function I'm looking for is in there under a different name. Thanks for the tip, though, that does solve the problem.

Return to “Technical Help”