[1.1.34] Save game won't load, Invalid RealOrientation

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
matrix9659
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.34] Save game won't load, Invalid RealOrientation

Post by matrix9659 »

Start Factorio from Steam
Press "Continue" OR Single player>>Load game>>Load (this is just for the save called "RecoverdAutoSave")
Instead of my game loading, I get this error:

<Notice>
"Invalid RealOrientation -533032448.000000"
<Confirm>

I press "Confirm" and nothing happens

Only Mod is "Max Rate Calculator" Version 3.4.48. Which at this time I was using this mod more than usual, but re-loading the mod didn't seem to help.

I have attached the save, logs, and mod.zip

I do have a save that works from 1.5hours previous to this. But if its fixable it saves me 1.5hours and possibly future folks from running into this. Thanks
Attachments
MaxRateCalculator_3.4.48.zip
(250.23 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
RecoverdAutoSave.zip
(68.48 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
factorio-previous.log
(7.22 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
factorio-current.log
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

matrix9659
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.34] Save game won't load, Invalid RealOrientation

Post by matrix9659 »

Its a bummer I didn't get a reply. Even a "sorry we tried but were unable to fix it" would have sufficed. I got really de-motivated since I didn't get a reply, and I am scared it will just get corrupted again. Over 340hours playing this game, bad way to end it.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hello, there are no known save-corrupting bugs at the moment and save corruptions turn out to be caused HW defects usually ... so if you are afraid of this happening again, try to run memtest over the night to test your RAM. If you are overcloking your CPU or RAM, try turning that off. Also make sure you have the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard.

matrix9659
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by matrix9659 »

Thanks for the reply. What gets me, is that all my autosaves gave me the same error (default auto save so only 15minutes), but who knows, lots of factors and It would be good to check if there is any updated drivers\firmware anyways. Luckily for me ~1.5hours before I changed the name of the save. I highly recommend that others with hundred of hours of gameplay in the same game have multiple save files (different names) along the way. Thanks again for taking a look and the reply.

Return to “Technical Help”