Crashing w/ no apparent cause

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
xenon54xenon54
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crashing w/ no apparent cause

Post by xenon54xenon54 »

When I try to run Factorio with Bob's Mods the game crashes in about 3 minutes, regardless of what I do. It didn't use to do this and I don't know what happened in the last week to make it crash. It's crashed about three times since I have launched it and it crashes before I have a chance to disable any mods.
I am using every Bob mod except for the greenhouse mod. I also have Angel's mods installed but they are disabled.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.43 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
factorio-previous.log
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 78 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Crashing w/ no apparent cause

Post by Bilka »

These are crashes in Factorio itself. Please make a bug report with the logs attached. The error log seems very weird to me, so it might be that your game installation is just corrupt in some way. Things you can try: verifying files with steam, restarting the computer, reinstalling the game.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

It crashes somewhere in graphics code (in flip_display to be exact). You can try to limit the VRAM used by setting Options --> Graphics --> Video memory usage to Low.

I think you have an iMac Late 2015 with a 21.5 inch display (please confirm) and it should allocate up to 1.5GB VRAM, but that's the only solution that comes to mind right now.

Have you tried to play the game without mods since the crashes began, or have you tried other modpacks / mod combinations?
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

xenon54xenon54
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xenon54xenon54 »

You have the model right, and I have tried to launch it after restarting my computer. It runs fine and doesn't crash anymore. I wonder what happens while the computer's booted to just start crashing like that?

Return to “Technical Help”