Ubuntu Server 16.04 wont start

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Aus_Karlos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Ubuntu Server 16.04 wont start

Post by Aus_Karlos »

Hey guys im having a hard time launching the server on a Virtual Headless Ubuntu server. The main server itself is an embedded Linux distro and will not run most applications. But i can create a Virtual Headless server with full functionality. (Its a TS-1263U-RP).
Anyway ive got the latest Factorio Headless server for Linux 0.14.22, its extracted and moved to /opt/factorio/
Ive created a user "factorio" with disabled-login and no-home.

For a reference ive been following this page but i think the instructions are out-of-date https://gist.github.com/cbednarski/3ada27b2c401cc163dc4

Anyway im stuck at configuring the config-path.cfg file (Do i need to change anything inside) and creating an actual config.ini, of which i have no clue how to and cant find any information on your wiki.
If i launch the server as is i get the following message "0.000 Error Util.cpp:57: Ther is no package core in /usr/share/factorio" (Please note im attempting to run the server as root for testing purposes. I will be setting up a startup script to run the server under the factorio user with all the correct privileges.)
Also does the headless server create a new world or do you have to create a world on a client and upload it to the server?

If there is an actual current setup guide for a Linux headless server i would be grateful if i could get the link.
Thanks

Aus_Karlos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Ubuntu Server 16.04 wont start

Post by Aus_Karlos »

Excellent, it worked thanks.
Maybe that link should be stickyed because at the moment out of 5 guides i googled to install the headless server on Linux this is the only one that worked. It also tell users how to create a User in Linux so you dont run the server as Root which 2 of the guides suggest to do for convenience.

Return to “Technical Help”