[Boskid] [1.1.39] Larger than normal mouse cursor covers numbers

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Boskid] [1.1.39] Larger than normal mouse cursor covers numbers

Post by HurkWurk »

cosmetic issue, if you use a larger mouse cursor than the basic windows size, it covers up the numbers of what you are holding.

normal: https://i.imgur.com/NLDhXl4.png

i cannot give you a screenshot of large. every screenshot program i tried reduces the cursor size to default, so do recording tools.
instead i can show you cursor settings im using
https://i.imgur.com/TfMIfUD.png
at cursor size 4, which is what i use, the numbers are covered up. (the size of my cursor is shown on the right side of the slider)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.39] Larger than normal mouse cursor covers numbers

Post by eradicator »

I got used to it.
factorio_20210910-193905[000]2.avi_gifsicle.gif
factorio_20210910-193905[000]2.avi_gifsicle.gif (1001.19 KiB) Viewed 2418 times
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

thanks for the gif Eradicator, yes, thats the issue, and it should hopefully be an easy-ish fix to set the text offset to account for cursor size, but i dont know if this is a legacy mode vs windows 10 ui problem (the legacy cursor size changers tended not to do this type of thing)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

HurkWurk wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:31 pm
windows 10
I'm not on W10.

In retrospect looking at the gif it also shows a significant lag between in-game cursor (number) and real cursor position.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Boskid] [1.1.39] Larger than normal mouse cursor covers numbers

Post by boskid »

I wanted to implement this by adding another slider in the interface settings called "Cursor stack offset" but this is minor enough and i know how many merge conflicts it would introduce due to expansion development so i am not going to implement this. Moving to minor issues.

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Boskid] [1.1.39] Larger than normal mouse cursor covers numbers

Post by HurkWurk »

old ticket, but might i recommend the number simply be put in a different location?

i've seen this issue in many games now, and in all cases they want to align a value under the cursor with the left side spreading to the right, while windows wants to grow the cursor down and right, thus if the numbers/data were connected to the bottom left side of the cursor and grew to the left, there would never be a case where the cursor could overlap

Return to “Minor issues”