[1.1.31] Player model invisible in a corner of pipes

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
der-dave.com
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.31] Player model invisible in a corner of pipes

Post by der-dave.com »

Maybe already reported and no urgent bug but I think Factorio is a masterpiece of software any maybe it will be corrected later:

When walking in a corner of pipes the player model is invisible behind the underground pipe. See the small picture below.

This also happens without ALT-mode and only happens in this special piece of corner.

This is still Vanilla without any mods.
pipe.PNG
pipe.PNG (125.42 KiB) Viewed 1401 times

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.31] Player model invisible in a corner of pipes

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Not sure about ALT mode and pipe contents, but this looks to me as if the character isn't hidden behind the underground pipe, but the sulfuric acid icon

der-dave.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by der-dave.com »

GrumpyJoe wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:33 pm
Not sure about ALT mode and pipe contents, but this looks to me as if the character isn't hidden behind the underground pipe, but the sulfuric acid icon
No, thats what I mean with ALT mode. It has nothing to do with the sulfuric acid icon :) Even if the icon is not shown (ALT mode off) the player model is hidden by the underground pipe.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the compliments :)
The character sprite is clipped through the pipe sprite. Things clipping through other things in some cases is nothing terribly new in games. If we want the character to be able to walk in between two parallel underground pipes, we can't make bounding box of the pipe wider to fix this.

Return to “Minor issues”