[kovarex] [1.1.8] Inconsistent placement orientation after placing underground belts

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.8] Inconsistent placement orientation after placing underground belts

Post by rain9441 »

When placing undergrounds belts, it is sometimes the case that the player is left with their placement cursor being in the wrong orientation. Dragging an underground belt and then placing belts after is a common practice but in some cases the dragged belts are going the wrong way, leaving the user confused.

It appears to have something to do with using Pipette tool (Q) to grab undergrounds. When doing so, it does not seem to update the orientation of the cursor correctly like it does with belts.

Treating this as a bug because it is inconsistent - if you repeat the same process twice you get different results the second time.

Video example: https://youtu.be/PnDALel3H3o

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.8] Inconsistent placement orientation after placing underground belts

Post by ptx0 »

in 1.1 it's changed now so that you can't, for instance, shift-click many underground belt ghosts in a line, because it forces you to alternate their direction.

this seems to be related to that change, the pairing has been completed once and then you go to place the underground again, and now it's assuming you're placing a *new* underground from the opposite side.

i think this behaviour is also problematic, i think it can be fixed but might need that whole 'feature' to go away and allow us to place undergrounds as we had previously.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

Ah yes, the link Anti posted is the same issue. I thought I'd make a bug for it as it happens every time I play for years and hasn't been changed but since it is already reported and in the won't fix category, we can probably remove this one.

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by AntiElitz »

rain9441 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm
Ah yes, the link Anti posted is the same issue. I thought I'd make a bug for it as it happens every time I play for years and hasn't been changed but since it is already reported and in the won't fix category, we can probably remove this one.
Well that was during a stressed period where the release was in reach. I as well would still appreciate a better solution.
I just linked that report, because there went a lot on thoughts into this already that where written down. Maybe they can be helpful for a fix.

Return to “Minor issues”