[1.1.5] Spidertron remote control state not stored in save file

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
fuxoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.5] Spidertron remote control state not stored in save file

Post by fuxoft »

1) Select already paired Spidertron remote control
2) Ctrl+click the player.
3) Spidertron now follows the player around.
4) Save the game, quit the game and reload the save.
5) Spidertron no longer follows the player around.

I expected the Spidertron target to be retained when saving / loading the game. Am I wrong?

BTW, the official spelling is "Spidertron" or "Spider-tron"? I see both when searching the bug reports.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.5] Spidertron remote control state not stored in save file

Post by Klonan »

I am guessing its a MP game,
After saving, the character is disconnected and stored, the player has left the game
And then loading the character is restored, the player has joined the game

I will leave this report here, I am not sure to say, it is not a bug, it isn't technically, but also, I can understand how the behavior is unfavorable

fuxoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuxoft »

Klonan wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:27 pm
I am guessing its a MP game
No, this is in a standard single player game, i.e. I want the spidertron to always follow me.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

I can't replicate this bug in single player.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

fuxoft wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:14 am
Klonan wrote:
No, this is in a standard single player game, i.e. I want the spidertron to always follow me.
Can you provide the save game?

fuxoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuxoft »

Klonan wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:14 pm
fuxoft wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:14 am
Klonan wrote:
Can you provide the save game?
Of course. Here is the save game in which the Spidertron follows me. When I load this back, it no longer follows me.

Also, here is an observation of interesting behavior which might be relevant to this (or not): Whenever I CTRL+click on the player with the remote (for the Spidertron to follow me), the actual orange circle (Spidertron target) always appears a few meters next to the player, in some random, seemingly non-deterministic direction (e.g. sometimes to the north-east, sometimes to the south etc) and stays there during my subsequent movement until I select another Spidertron target. I.e. the Spidertron always tries to navigate not to my location but to a location few meters away in a random direction. The direction remains constant during my movement but changes with each change of Spidertron target.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Looking at the save; it has 2 players in it which means it was at least at one point hosted as a multiplayer game and someone else joined.

I don't know of any nice solution to this that makes it work for games converted to single player. One thing you can do is load the game and run:

Code: Select all

/c game.remove_offline_players()
Then save/load and at that point it should work like standard single player games.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

fuxoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by fuxoft »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 pm
Looking at the save; it has 2 players in it which means it was at least at one point hosted as a multiplayer game and someone else joined.

I don't know of any nice solution to this that makes it work for games converted to single player. One thing you can do is load the game and run:

Code: Select all

/c game.remove_offline_players()
Then save/load and at that point it should work like standard single player games.
Yes, that works. Thank you. I didn't know the previous multiplayer status is "remembered" later in single-player game. Sorry about that.

Return to “Minor issues”