[1.1.3] Tips notifications shown during intro

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.3] Tips notifications shown during intro

Post by Illiou »

When starting a new (freeplay) game, the tips notification window is shown during the intro sequence. I'm assuming this is unintentional...?

(Also, please add a close button to the notifications, like what the hell. Like this everyone is just gonna disable them immediately, no value gained)
Last edited by Illiou on Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tips notifications shown during intro

Post by invisus »

Version?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.3] Tips notifications shown during intro

Post by kovarex »

If you don't want the notifications to be shown at all.

Illiou
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Illiou »

kovarex wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:09 pm
If you don't want the notifications to be shown at all.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you want to say. If you are referring to the part in parentheses let me just say: I actually asked for notifications, but the point of notifications is to inform you about something new, not to nag you to look at it.

Fitwe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fitwe »

If this is talking about what I think it is, I have the same or similar questions/comments.

I answered some of my questions (how to get rid if it) by just "pushing buttons" which is never a good way to find an answer. You seem to have changed from basic "Tutorials" to a more comprehensive "Tips and Tricks" with some items that have tutorials associated with them but never updated the settings menu so it still says "Show Tutorial Notifications." A bit confusing...the names should be the same across locations.

That said...I agree the notification should have a close button, or a clear all (mark all as read) button, or better yet a "Don't show again" button whose setting is associated with a specific save. so I can have it active in one save but not another. Frankly I don't know what was wrong with the v1.0 version where it was just a flag on the minimap's Tutorial (now Tips and Tricks) button.

PS. This is still an issue on 1.1.5.
Attachments
New Tips.png
New Tips.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2232 times
Last edited by Fitwe on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Fitwe wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:27 pm
That said...I agree the notification should have a close button, or a clear all (mark all as read) button, or better yet a "Don't show again" button whose setting is associated with a specific save. so I can have it active in one save but not another. Frankly I don't know what was wrong with the v1.0 version where it was just a flag on the minimap's Tutorial (now Tips and Tricks) button.
The first tip is literally a hint to type "/unlock-tips" into the console which just unlocks them all, and none of them will apear as "new" in the bottom left anymore.

Fitwe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Fitwe »

valneq wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 pm
The first tip is literally a hint to type "/unlock-tips" into the console which just unlocks them all, and none of them will apear as "new" in the bottom left anymore.
A fair point, but...

The first tip needs to be how to use the command line then. I don't know how...never had a need. I know it is a key command somewhere but that's about it. Better yet, make it a checkbox somewhere so the option is integrated into the UI.

That isn't what I want. I don't mind them showing in order, I just don't want the pop-up. I'd rather have the flag or nothing.

Return to “Minor issues”