[0.18.42] Satellite view problems after blueprint update

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Cerous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.42] Satellite view problems after blueprint update

Post by Cerous »

I play with a long reach mod so I can place concrete and brick within a 4 chunk range. After the Blueprint update I ran into a huge issue. When using the Satellite view or the zoomed in map view and placing concrete, every time I place concrete over a electric pole it brings up the power grid info. It used to not function that way. Also can't place and hold poles in a line in Satellite view without the power grid opening. The zoomed in map view used to function like the character view. It was working as it always did up until the blueprint update. Is there anyway to return original control in Satellite view? Thank you and hoping for a successful launch for you guys!!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.42] Satellite view problems after blueprint update

Post by posila »

Can you reproduce this in the latest experimental version - 0.18.45? As far as I know, it has been fixed.

Cerous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.45] Satellite view problems after blueprint update

Post by Cerous »

I can reproduce it. I updated to [0.18.45] I removed all mods and just had longer reach to 128m. In sandbox I placed down a pole in satellite view and the ui came up. I then tried to drag it and every time a pole will place the ui came up. Also tried to place concrete down and tried to go over a pole then the ui came up. Thank you again for looking into the issue.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Have you unbound "Drag map" to workaround different issue? If you bind it back to left mouse button, this will stop happening, and the original issue that made people unbind it as a workaround was fixed.

The Open GUI action is handled in a very weird way in zoomed-to-world view, and I'd rather don't try to mess with it before 1.0 is released.
So for now, it's a minor issue: 87610

Cerous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cerous »

It Works!!! I did remove drag map. Once I returned the drag map to left mouse button I no longer have the issue. Thank you!

Return to “Minor issues”