Map resoures not counting newly discoverd chunks

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Enderdraak
Inserter
Inserter

Map resoures not counting newly discoverd chunks

Post by Enderdraak »

So I found a very small bug

If you discover a part of a patch of ore and you hover over it in the map you see the number of the amount you have discovered. But if you discover the rest of it and have not hovered over an other patch it still displays the amount it was previously what can make for some weird occurrences.

My suggestion to fix it:
on the moment of calculating note down all the undiscovered chunks that would have part of the ore patch and recalculate when one of them is explored.
But if you do not look at it note down all the undiscovered chunks that theoretically could have ore in the range that would get calculated with the amount it displayed when you hover over it.
And if you hover over a patch look trough that list that was noted down and if one of those is explored recalculate the amount.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-07-07 181653.png
Annotation 2020-07-07 181653.png (102.58 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Map resoures not counting newly discoverd chunks

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I don't consider this worth tinkering with and adding extra complexity to that logic for what is a rare thing to happen and easily fixed by moving the mouse an moving it back.

If one of the other developers wants to tinker with it they are free to but for now i'm moving this to minor issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”