[0.18.26] Cannot search mods for internal names or author in "Manage" tab

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
BluePsyduck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.26] Cannot search mods for internal names or author in "Manage" tab

Post by BluePsyduck »

This is only a minor inconsistency in the mod menu, which I found: In the "Install" tab, you can search for the internal names of mods as well as for authors. In the "Manage" tab, you can't.

Steps of reproduction:
  • Launch the game and open the "Mods" menu.
  • In the "Install" tab, search for "farl". You will see the mod "Fully Automatic Rail Layer" as a result. Install it.
  • In the "Manage" tab, search again for "farl". You will see an empty list. The FARL mod is not matched, because the search seems to only use the displayed name and description of the mod.
The same can be done e.g. with "bobingabout", which will find all of Bob's mods in the "Install" tab, but none of them in the "Manage" tab.

I assume that the "Install" tab uses the API of the mod portal for the search (searching author and internal name as well), and the "Manage" tab uses most likely a game implementation. A common player may get confused why he can't find the "FARL" mod anymore in his endless list of mods. Both tabs should use the same fields for the search (as far as possible of course).

TL;DR
Make the search in the "Manage" tab of the mods menu also search in the internal name and the author of the mods.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.26] Cannot search mods for internal names or author in "Manage" tab

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is a side effect of the mod not being loaded after downloading but not restating yet. To change it would add in extra complication that I don't consider worth doing at the moment (if ever).
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BluePsyduck
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.26] Cannot search mods for internal names or author in "Manage" tab

Post by BluePsyduck »

Even after restarting the game, the behaviour does not change: You are not able to find the mod when searching for "farl" in the "Manage" tab. So I don't think that this issue is really a side effect of no-restart what you described.

(But I can understand that this issue is too minor to be not fixed ;) )

Return to “Minor issues”