[0.17.79] Mods - Updates - Changelog shows wrong version by default

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
super_aardvark
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.79] Mods - Updates - Changelog shows wrong version by default

Post by super_aardvark »

I'm running 0.17.79, and (to take an example) I have LTN at version 1.11.8. When I view its info in the Manage tab, everything is fine: the info panel shows Version 1.11.8, and when I click Changelog, it shows the 1.11 changes with a dropdown to select older versions.

However, on the Updates tab, there's a problem: the info panel shows Version 1.11.9 (the new version to be updated to), but when I click Changelog, it shows the changelog for Version 1.12. This version updates the Factorio version to 0.18, and so I can't install it. I have to click the Version dropdown to switch to 1.11 in order to see the changelog for the update I'm about to install. This screen should default to the version that the update concerns, rather than the most recent possible version.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Mods - Updates - Changelog shows wrong version by default

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I was looking into this and what it would take to fix but thinking about it more I don't think it's actually worth working on. We aren't going to release another 0.17 version of the game and as far as I know we don't plan on releasing 0.19 so any fix I might put out there wouldn't even get used.

Additionally, the pre-selection of the changelog is a minor thing at best; you can still manually go view the version you want.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”