[0.17.79] horizontally_stretchable labels in a table seem to let the size of the enclosing flow explode

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.79] horizontally_stretchable labels in a table seem to let the size of the enclosing flow explode

Post by tiriscef »

I'm a bit unsure how to report it and if it's really a bug, because it happens in a unreleased mod I'm working on.
I'm creating a table inside a vertically directed flow. (inside a scroll-pane, inside a tabbed_pane, inside a frame, inside a frame)
The table has 2 columns and is filled with labels to display data. This is how it should look like:

But if I change the style of the right labels to be horizontally stretchable, then the height of the frame suddenly explodes, which makes the gui unnecessarily big:

Code: Select all

local value_label =
    data_list.add {
    type = "label",
    name = "value-" .. key,
    caption = value_caption
}
value_label.style.horizontally_stretchable = true
value_label.style.single_line = false
This is the code I use to generate the labels. When I comment out the line with the horizontal stretchiness, then the problem doesn't occur (but then the table looks worse :( )

Originally the frame wasn't inside a scroll-pane, which resulted in it expanding outside the enclosing frame and even outside my screen, right through the floor into my neighbor's appartment, who called the cops.

In case you need it: Github - The gui file
Otherwise I appended the current version of my unfinished mod and a save where you need to click the Testing House (the stick figure house) to open the gui.

PS: I'm sorry the log is so spammed. I didn't know InfinityMode does that.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(74.4 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
saveforthedevs.zip
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
sosciencity_0.0.1.zip
(8.13 MiB) Downloaded 77 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] horizontally_stretchable labels in a table seem to let the size of the enclosing flow explode

Post by Klonan »

Until we encounter an issue like this with our own base game GUIs, we're not really going to worry about it

Return to “Minor issues”