[0.17.70] Shotgun fires wrong direction when the cursor is near the player

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.70] Shotgun fires wrong direction when the cursor is near the player

Post by Jon8RFC »

Both shotguns suffer from this. The flamethrower works as expected.
https://youtu.be/hM0MEZldXfM

Side-note:
Maybe the reload sound could be executed earlier? Holding down and letting go of fire, then hearing 5 reload sounds in a row by themselves sounds off.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.70] Shotgun fires wrong direction when the cursor is near the player

Post by Klonan »

Hmm, its kinda a deep problem, I don't see that its such a huge priority, I am going to move this to minor issues
(If some other developer wants to work on this, feel free to move it to assigned)

kyle788
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kyle788 »

This bug is still present in 1.1.42.

Are there any plans to fix this in the latest version as it does affect gameplay or is it going to stay in 'minor' bug purgatory forever? I just wanted to see if a dev could reconsider or revisit this bug report if possible.

Just to note on why I am personally asking about the update on this bug is that I have been personally affected by it numerous times. For example, in a recent multiplayer game with my brother, we were swarmed by bugs, and nothing is more frustrating than firing at them when they are close and having the shotgun blast shoot the opposite direction and missing.

Thank you!

dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dgattey »

+1, I actually reported this yesterday with viewtopic.php?f=29&t=100398&p=555274#p555274 and got a reply from the maintainer of Industrial Revolution pointing me here (https://github.com/Deadlock989/Industri ... /issues/85). Still a problem with ammo that shoots like the shotgun ammo.

Return to “Minor issues”