[0.17.66] Tree not marked for deconstruction when placing blueprint

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Draloric
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.66] Tree not marked for deconstruction when placing blueprint

Post by Draloric »

Bugged Robot.JPG
Bugged Robot.JPG (99.46 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
I think that image speaks for itself, the blueprint for a section of rail was placed by a blueprint deployer from Recursive Blueprints (May or may not be related), and the tree was not marked for deconstruction even though it blocks the placement of a rail tile. I haven't tried to reproduce it.
I've attached both the current and previous log, although the issue actually occurred before either of them were made probably.
I've also attached the savegame.
Attachments
Grey Goo.zip
Savegame where the bug takes place (at the very end of the very long line)
(58.27 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
factorio-previous.log
This was my 4.5 hour live stream I think
(30.23 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
factorio-current.log
I just opened the game, looked at the bug for a screenshot then closed the game
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.66] Tree not marked for deconstruction when placing blueprint

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Most likely the blueprint mod placed the blueprint before the chunk was generated and then the chunk generated and put the tree down. You'll need to contact the mod author and have them make sure they don't place blueprints outside of generated chunks.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

I hit an similar issue some days ago without any blueprint mods, where pipes could not be placed because of a pesky tree. I copy pasted my refinery setup several times from the map view through a forest, but one pipe end section and a normal pipe with a very similar x value but further north had this issue.

The only related mods i had could be: Nanobots, Flowcontrol, long reach from big bags, the trees from Alien Biomes?. But no flow-control items were involved in that blueprint.

That chunk was definitely be generated, that happend just north of one my railways.

I remember that this was reproducible, i shift clicked a pipe on that spot and the tree wasn't marked for deconstruction. Also in map-view i remember i removed the blueprint of that pipe with rightclick and the character startet to chop that tree, i was very confused.

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

I recreated the situation exactly with an older savegame and the same trees were not marked to be deconstructed.
20190924173950_1.jpg
20190924173950_1.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1980 times
20190924174256_1.jpg
20190924174256_1.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1980 times

And yep with an rightclick in that marked blueprint i can chop the tree from map view :-D
Attachments
IR-BlueprintBug.zip
(15.74 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
factorio-current.log
(30.07 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

You're playing with a mod that makes the tree collision boxes basically nothing. Not at all surprising that it doesn't get marked for deconstruction, because it is not in the way of the unconnected pipe. Just uninstall whatever mod that does that.

Sidenote: one of your mods is not compatible with the latest version of IR.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Looking at the log file, this seems to be a likely candidate:

Code: Select all

0.318 Loading mod settings alien-biomes 0.4.15 (settings.lua)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

myricaulus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by myricaulus »

Yeah i assumed it to be alien biomes. So connected pipes have a different hitbox than an unconnected one. I never got that problem with Alien Biomes, i assume because before that i always also played with squeak through which reduced the hitbox of the pipes thus alleviating this problem :-D

Ok sorry for this false alert. Have a nice day.

Return to “Minor issues”