[0.17.66] "Build more Boilers" when fuel is empty under no load in campaign

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
CarpetDiem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.66] "Build more Boilers" when fuel is empty under no load in campaign

Post by CarpetDiem »

1. What happened
While I completing the objective "Rebuild the factory using steam power" I constructed the layout as shown in the screenshot. While laying the power poles the boiler spent some time without fuel. Upon returning, I found this message from the Compilatron:
Not enough Steam
>> Build more boilers
While the the fuel warning symbol is flashing over the boiler, this help text is misleading.
2. What was expected
I would expect either correct directions from the help text or for the help text not to offer a suggestion and to allow me to diagnose the problem.
3. Reproduction
1. Create and connect a water pump, boiler, and steam engine.
The boiler and steam engine should have the fuel and disconnected warning signs, respectively and no help text or Compilatron action is triggered.

2. Connect a power pole
Now only the boiler should warn about fuel. In less than a minute, the Compilatron will approach and display the help text quoted above.

Note: No build have been connected aside from the small power pole. The behavior was consistent across all reproductions. The help text did not go away within a similar time-frame when the pole was removed.
4. Attachments
  • A log file is attached from the 2nd step of reproduction.
  • Two save files are attached and named after the reproduction steps.
  • The screenshot is taken after the help text appears.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(16.94 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
boiler_bug_step2.zip
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
boiler_bug_step1.zip
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
empty_boiler.png
empty_boiler.png (11.48 MiB) Viewed 733 times

wheybags
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.17.66] "Build more Boilers" when fuel is empty under no load in campaign

Post by wheybags »

This is a small issue, but we are not going to deal with it before stable. I will put it on our internal task list for polish. Moving to minor issues for now.
Thanks anyway for the report!

Return to “Minor issues”