Undo button does not undo landfill 0.17.62

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Undo button does not undo landfill 0.17.62

Post by Trebor »

I misplaced a landfill then pressed the Undo button. Despite the button being labeled as 'Undo placement of landfill' it did not undo the landfill action.
Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 10.51.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 10.51.51 PM.png (365.31 KiB) Viewed 2721 times

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Undo button does not undo landfill 0.17.62

Post by 5thHorseman »

Sadly for you the bug here is that the button says that, not that it doesn't work.

"Undo" does not actually undo anything, it queues up whatever commands will cause the action to undo. There is no command to actually remove landfill, so that's why the button doesn't work.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Before this inevitable will be flagged as "not a bug", here's my take on this as modder.

The API should allow mods like Waterfill to register actions to undo Landfills. If not this is should become an API request.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

Optera wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:00 am
Before this inevitable will be flagged as "not a bug"
Oh, but it is a bug, even if the bug is a mislabeled button.

While I’d like the fix to be undoable landfill, I’ll except correct button text.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
At first I was gonna change it so that if tile building can't be undone, it won't be added to the undo queue, but after experimenting with it a little bit, I decided it is not such a good idea and will move this to Minor issues instead.

The problem is, that if you expect landfill undo to work, and you hit Ctrl + Z after using landfill, an action that you did before landfilling would be undone, possibly without you noticing.
In addition to that ... if you make landfill ghosts, those can be undone until they are built to real tile, so it would have to be removed from the queue after that and it's not something the undo system can deal with at the moment.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Just hit this myself trying to implement creative-style "instant undo". There being no event raised at all makes this impossible for landfill.
posila wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm
The problem is, that if you expect landfill undo to work, and you hit Ctrl + Z after using landfill, an action that you did before landfilling would be undone, possibly without you noticing.
This is true, but the no-op "undo" has no feedback. Maybe a sound or flying text or big flashy icon or something could at least inform the user about what just (not) happend. And i wouldn't be too angry if some kind of event let my mod handle the situation ;).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Minor issues”