[0.17.52] Game freeze when no more space for item drops

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
moertschi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.52] Game freeze when no more space for item drops

Post by moertschi »

experienced in modded game with Space Exploration.

in space when mining a rock the game totally froze, no message, no dump,...

i think the problem was that there was no space left to place the item drops from the rock
(mined some rocks before and had already spilled my whole spaceship)

link to screenshot from the freeze:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

main mod:
"name": "space-exploration",
"version": "0.1.106"

hth

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.52] Game freeze when no more space for item drops

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I don't have a solution to this. Essentially what the mod is doing is not supposed to ever happen: there is always supposed to be room to drop the items. Because, if there isn't - what would the game do? It can't just delete the items.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

moertschi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.52] Game freeze when no more space for item drops

Post by moertschi »

Hi,

minor bug, that can only happened in some very special scenarios, true.

but... I did some testing and now I am confused...

When I tried to reproduce the issue in a vanilla scenario it seems there is already type of a solution for that situation? If the drop placement _was_ the cause for the freeze.

I forced an inventory explosion and the drops found some place, altough the surface was already covered,
- multiple items on a single place
- items stacked to huge amounts

https://imgur.com/a/dHpOgq2

I dont know if that mechanic is different to what happens when - a rock is mined, and the drops have to be replaced to somewhere else(space scenario) and the drops are marked for autodeconstruction.

There _was_ space to place drops from the rock as it can be seen in the upper right corner in the screenshot from my original post, where items have already been placed, the items could have stacked there - maybe they even did...? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe my first guess was wrong and the gamefreeze was not related to the placement of the drops, if the mechanic with drops from entities is the same as with drops from the player, the cause for the freeze must have been sth else...

sry, wrote a little bit more than I intended, when I started to answer... :lol: and I dont even know if that clarified anything

Return to “Minor issues”