[0.17.50][minor] Crash in replay: Scenario.cpp:1481: Attempting to disable replay while running a replay.

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.17.50][minor] Crash in replay: Scenario.cpp:1481: Attempting to disable replay while running a replay.

Post by boskid »

Ref 72031

What i did:
1/ Open replay where there is editor open (and when editor was for some time at "surface" page)
2/ Wait for editor window to show
3/ When there is "surface" page, press "Import save"
4/ Press "confirm" for disabling replay (while in replay xD)
5/ Crash
log

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.50][minor] Crash in replay: Scenario.cpp:1481: Attempting to disable replay while running a replay.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. For now: stop clicking things while the replay is running.

I may fix this in the future but it's a *super* low priority. It just adds a ton of extra logic to all of the Map Editor GUI to disable things while a replay is running and I just don't care about replays enough to want to do that. If enough people complain about it I'll just force replays to be disabled from the moment the Map Editor is used.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.50][minor] Crash in replay: Scenario.cpp:1481: Attempting to disable replay while running a replay.

Post by boskid »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:41 am
If enough people complain about it I'll just force replays to be disabled from the moment the Map Editor is used.
That would be a disaster as i use editor when preparing saves with replays for crash reports (when they happen). Replay is kinda "more precise" for "what i did" than just words in bug report.
For now: stop clicking things while the replay is running.
This was "stupid monkey session" where i was trying to break stuff just by clicking everything. I am fully aware this particular bug could be *super* low priority (replay, no loss, no gameplay experience degradation, extra conditions).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Replays really only exist because Kovarex likes them. If he ever changes his mind they'll be gone the next release.

There's so much bloat and code around replays and they still don't work in most cases but nobody wants to work on them because they're of so little value.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”