[0.17.8] Prioritized splitter stuck after loading 0.16 save

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
dgw
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.17.8] Prioritized splitter stuck after loading 0.16 save

Post by dgw »

After migrating a save file from 0.16(.51) to 0.17(.7 & .8; this happened multiple times), at least some splitters in the map with priority settings became stuck trying to output to the blocked priority side, and would not let items through to the other output lane.

Can't attach save file (too big, I guess), so here: 0.16 (pre-migration) and 0.17 (after migration)

In the 0.17 version of the save, my character is standing right next to a Fast splitter that exhibits this issue.

Log file attached for completeness (game is still running, so it doesn't have any shutdown lines), though I didn't see anything in the log that looked relevant.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
Log of the still-running game after migrating the save
(20.54 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.8] Prioritized splitter stuck after loading 0.16 save

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. When migrating saves between major versions with belt changes like this you have to manually restart belts in order for them to keep moving.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Axios
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17.8] Prioritized splitter stuck after loading 0.16 save

Post by Axios »

Hi,

happened the same with a single prioritized splitter, after updating from 0.18.6 to 0.18.7.

The save was created in 0.18.2.

Return to “Minor issues”