[0.17.3] Placing ghost pipe under a tree does not mark tree for deconstruction

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
beiju
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17.3] Placing ghost pipe under a tree does not mark tree for deconstruction

Post by beiju »

I've only seen this issue in one specific case. The save is attached.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Load the attached save
  2. Try to place a pipe at the output of the pumpjack next to the character. It fails (correctly) with the reason "Tree is in the way"
  3. Place a ghost pipe in the same location. Ghost placement succeeds but the offending tree is not marked for deconstruction (this is the bug).
  4. If you try to place a normal pipe again it still fails because "Tree is in the way".
This save was created in 0.17.1, and I think the chunk with this pumpjack was generated in 0.17.2 but I'm not sure.
Attachments
shift click bug.zip
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

tehfreek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.3] Placing ghost pipe under a tree does not mark tree for deconstruction

Post by tehfreek »

The tree is not actually in the way (it's one tile southeast of the output), its hitbox simply prevents you from placing the pipe normally. This is the real bug.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.3] Placing ghost pipe under a tree does not mark tree for deconstruction

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The issue is: in ghost form the pipe doesn't collide with the tree - the bounding box expands when the pipe is built to connect to the pumpjack fluid output and once expanded it *does* collide with the tree.

I don't consider it worth the time and complexity that it would add to try to handle this specific case so I'm going to move this to minor issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

beiju
Inserter
Inserter

Post by beiju »

Thanks for the explanation. I can see how that wouldn't be worth fixing.

Perhaps one day pipe ghosts will connect, and that will fix this issue.

Return to “Minor issues”