[0.17.2][keybind] Strange beheviour of enter (return) key in lists

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Dwimenor Vali
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.2][keybind] Strange beheviour of enter (return) key in lists

Post by Dwimenor Vali »

If I select an entry (with left mouse button) on a list and later change selection using arrow keys, pressing ENTER(RETURN) key makes current selection jump to manually selected position (entry previously selected by left mouse button)

Steps to reproduce:
  1. From main menu select PLAY ==> SCENARIOS
  2. Click LEFT MOUSE BUTTON on TEAM PRODUCTION
  3. Use UP ARROW key to move selection to PVP
  4. Press ENTER(RETURN)
  5. Observable behaviour: Selection goes back (after noticeable delay) to TEAM PRODUCTION
  6. Expected behaviour: Pressing ENTER(RETURN) key is an equivalent to pressing CONFIRM button.
I can reproduce the same behaviour in campaign selection list.
On the other hand load/save menu, multiplayer browser, mods and replay menu works as expected - ENTER confirms selection.

Factorio 0.17.2 Linux x64

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.2][keybind] Strange beheviour of enter (return) key in lists

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. When we re-work those GUIs in the future we may change how the keyboard interacts with them. In general keyboard navigation/interaction with GUIs is not something we "support". If it happens to work, or if the person who implemented a specific GUI made it work - that's fine. But it isn't a mandate that it works for all GUIs and as you can see it by default doesn't work in most GUIs.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”